Friday, February 6, 2009

Looking Back...2008

I know its a little late for a best of 2008 post, but I just haven't gotten around to it, so here goes...

I BECAME AN UNCLE!!


My Nephew - Robert James Phelan, Jr.

I got in at least 28 new runs, these are the ones I can think of:

Holtwood – Susquehanna
Roaring Fork, Colorado
Oh Be Joyful creek
Upper East
Daisy Creek
Upper Animas
Lake Fork, Gunnison
Castle Creek
Crystal River
SF Crystal
Upper Fryingpan
South Platte - Bailey’s Canyon
South Platte – Waterton Canyon
Clear Creek of the Ark
Arkansas - Browns Canyon
Arkansas - Pine Creek/Numbers
Colorado - Gore Canyon
Colorado – South Canyon wave
Colorado- Glenwood Playpark
Beaver - Eagle Section
Beaver - Taylorville Section
Bottom Moose (low water)
Upper Blackwater
Lower Otter Creek
Seneca Creek
Russell Fork
Meadow Run Cascades

I paddled in 3 new states: Colorado, Georgia, and Kentucky

I was probably the most excited about getting on the Upper Blackwater for the first time in May, right before I left for CO. However, it was really awesome getting to paddle with all my buddies in Colorado. We fired up some really fun stuff.

I did my first kayak race, on Gore Canyon of the Colorado. My race run was only my 3rd run through the canyon, it wasn't great, but i finished and gave the racing thing a shot, not sure if its really my style, but definitely something different.

I got paid to paddle the Gauley River 24 times, that was pretty cool.

The longest I went all summer without paddling was the 4 days I came home for a funeral.

I totaled 187 days on the river, not bad considering I didnt paddle at all in December. Thats just over an average of paddling every other day!!

It was an awesome year, lots of good times with good friends.

And heres a 2008 good times Photo Dump.









1 comment:

Billy said...

the past, the past, it's always about the past...how 'bout we all stay in the present and let the past go-although it was so great sometimes it's best to let it go.