Thursday, April 30, 2009

Farewell to the East Coast


It is once again time to say a farewell to the lush Appalachian hills that I have called home for so long. I am moving on once again to new rivers, adventures, and people. I am really going to miss all my friends and family here, but feel that I have had an awesome few months back and recovering from surgery.

This time last year I got on the Upper Blackwater for the first time before I left for Colorado. I have gotten on it 3 times in the last couple of weeks and then I also was lucky enough to catch the North Fork of the Blackwater....the steeper cousin of the Upper B. Check out the topo of the canyon.

I havent really been on it with the photos recently. I have just been psyched to be out and paddling with my good buddies and staying focused on being in the flow and in the moment when on the water. Through this I have truly been able to appreciate my surroundings in an almost Zen like state.

More to come.

No comments: