Monday, May 5, 2008

Final Days on the Potomac

As my final days in Maryland drew to a close, the rains came and the Potomac rose. I wanted to get in some laps on Great Falls before I left, but the river just kept rising. It was nice getting to hit some of the rare high water playspots on the Potomac. I tried my hand at the Maryland Chute-Out, a small local playboating competition which turned out to be a lot of fun. Ian and his Go Huge crew showed up and went big. It was a great last couple of weeks on the Po. The pictures will tell the rest.

Great Falls at 8.2 ft on Little Falls Gauge

Charlie on Elbow Wave..notice the logs in the background

Peter on Bud's Hole...good perspective on how deep this hole gets

Charlie at Bud's Hole going vertical

Surfer at Dead Cow Hole

First Chute-Out of the year, now part of the Hometown Throwdown series

Bion rackin up some points in the Hometown Throwdown

View the rest of the Photos Here

No comments: