Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Go West Young Man...

...were my Dad's parting words. So thats just what I did. My sister and I made it to Boulder, CO in 27 hours. We had a nice hike in Rocky Mountain National Park on Friday. Saturday, I met up with some paddlers to run the Bailey Canyon section of the NF South Platte. We were treated to very nice weather and a great run. I even randomly ran into two fellow Potomac boaters Geoff Calhoun and Eric (last name?) On Sunday I met my friend Jason aka "Hutto" and another friend Jason, who I met last year on the Gauley and ran 2 laps on the Waterton Canyon section of the South Platte.
Beautiful day on the river, near the get in

Curt at Four Falls

Jeb, lower drop of Supermax

Looking upstream at Supermax

Sunday night I drove a few hours west to Aspen. My new summer home. I drove as far as I could on rt 82 then I parked a few hundred yards down from the closed gates to Independence Pass.
I started training for rafting on Monday morning. We ran the lower section of the Roaring Fork into the Colorado River, then a few miles on the Colorado through the new Glenwood Springs playpark and the South Canyon wave.

All photos Bailey can be found by clicking here


more to come soon...

No comments: